Download YouTube Videos and Video Formats
4Download YouTube videos as 3GP
3gp is a multimedia container format used on 3G mobile phones but can also be played on some 2G and 4G phones
To download YouTube videos in 3GP format follow these steps:
- 1 Find the YouTube video you want to download or copy the URL of the video you want to download on YouTube into the 'Search Videos' top bar in iDesktop.tv. Click the download YouTube video icon on the video thumbnail or in the iDesktop.tv video player
- 2 A window will open up to choose the video download format. Click on the last option - Other...
- 3 You will see a new thumbnail appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, indicating the video is being transmitted to our servers. Place your mouse over it to see the progress
- 4 When it is done right click on the thumbnail and select the "Save as 3GP" to download the video in 3GP format
- 5 Our servers will now convert the video. This will not take very long
- 6 Once it is ready a "Download File" dialog box will show. You can now "Save" or "Open" your video
- 7 Internet Explorer users may instead see the Yellow Information bar. In that case right click it and select "Download File" or right click the "Download" link and select "Save target as..." to begin downloading
You can now copy the 3gp file onto your phone (via USB connection and copy to memory card) and play on the phone
- 1 Download YouTube videos as AVIAudio Video Interleave (AVI) which is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft. AVI files support multiple streaming audio and video
- 2 Download YouTube videos as MP4MPEG-4 (MP4) is a multimedia container format. It is most commonly used to store digital audio and digital video streams. MP4 files play on all iPods/iPhones that support video
- 3 Download YouTube videos as MOVApple QuickTime Movie (mov) is a common multimedia format used for saving movies and other video files. Developed by Apple for Macintosh and Windows platforms
- 4 Download YouTube videos as 3GP3gp is a multimedia container format used on 3G mobile phones but can also be played on some 2G and 4G phones
- 5 Download YouTube videos as 3GP23gp2 is a multimedia container format used on newer 3G mobile phones but can also be played on some 2G and 4G phones
- 6 Download YouTube videos as WMVWindows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft
- 7 Download YouTube videos as FLVFlash Video (FLV) is a container file format used to deliver video over the internet and played with Adobe Flash Player
- 8 Download YouTube videos as EXEThe EXE format opens the downloaded YouTube video in built-in player. This is useful for Windows users that do not have any multimedia software to play downloaded videos with. Simply hit run once downloaded to watch the video. This format is not compatible with Linux or Mac.
- 9 Download YouTube videos as ZIPWe also support downloading the YouTube video as a ZIP-compressed EXE file. This is to ensure the file does not get blocked by any antivirus software you might have installed. It also, naturally reduces the file size for quicker downloading
- 10 Download YouTube videos as MP3MPEG-1 (MP3) is a patented digital audio encoding format using a form of lossy data compression. It is a common audio format for consumer audio storage for the transfer and playback of music on digital audio players
- 11 Download YouTube videos as WMAWindows Media Audio (WMA) is an audio data format, developed by Microsoft. As such it is playable on every computer with Microsoft Windows installed.
- 12 Download YouTube videos as AACAdvanced Audio Coding (AAC) is a standardized, lossy compression and encoding scheme for digital audio. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at similar bit rates.