Posted on October 7th, 2009 No comments
There had been a few NEW updates on iDesktop.tv that you need to know about! Some awesome new features were added in order to make your experience with us even better!
The Changes and New Features:
- High Definition Video downloading - Now you can download YouTube videos in HD format and enjoy the best quality videos!
- High Quality Video downloading - HQ is also supported from now on
- We have significantly improved the downloading process
- 10 free Bonus Download Credits – we gave each currently registered user 10 bonus download credits
- 3 daily download credits (previously only 2) – now everyone can download up to 3 videos a day
- WMA (Windows Media Audio) download format is now supported
- AAC (Advanced Audio Encoding) download format to store music videos on your player
- Faster loading of Embedded Custom Players - we improved the loading process of custom players and made it faster!
- True shuffling feature for playlists
- Various bug and performance fixes – general fixes of some bugs and problems from previous versions of iDesktop.tv
With these excellent new features and updates we hope to keep all our users satisfied and to attract more and more iDesktop.tv fans!
Log in at http://www.idesktop.tv to try it now!
Posted on September 16th, 2009 No comments
iDesktop.tv has been named in the prestigious Tech Media Invest Top 100 list, announced in the Guardian Newspaper.
To view the full 100 list see section “Games and entertainment” at this url:
The list, sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Kemp Little, showcases the top 100 most innovative entrepreneurial companies in the UK, and was chosen by an Advisory Board which includes many of the country’s leading investors in technology and media.
Davendra Patel, the CEO said:
“We are very pleased and excited to make it into the top 100 Tech companies in the UK. The hard work and effort put into iDesktop.tv is being noted and we hope to continue to build on our success as we work to our goal of being the number 1 home for creating Custom Embeddable Video Players”
For more information about the Tech Media Invest Top 100 list, see:
Posted on August 5th, 2009 No comments
When we originally launched iDesktop.tv we had many users suggesting we create Custom Players to allow users to embed videos from YouTube using the iDesktop.tv player.
Embedding Videos has become increasingly more popular on websites as the whole process to embed videos is a whole lot easier. Users can now grab embed code from websites and add it to their website code. The embedded video then appears in the website, steaming the videos from a hosting server.
With iDesktop.tv you can now create Custom Players that embed right into your websites. After you have chosen how your player looks in our step guide we then provide you with the embed code for you to embed your video.iDesktop.tvAn example of an e-commerce player you can create and embed in minutes
The great advantage of using iDesktop.tv to embed YouTube videos is that you can change which videos are shown or how the player looks without re-embedding your code again. When you make any changes to your custom players and hit save, the player dynamically updates in your website.
With iDesktop.tv you can embed videos from YouTube video channels, results of a video search, favorite videos, YouTube video categories and video playlists.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create Custom Players and embed them into your website.
1. Click on “Custom Players” found in the top menu
2. This is the window where your Custom Players are stored. To get started click “Create a new player”
3. Through this wizard you will be able to create and customize your player to your exact needs. In this first window you will need to choose exactly where you want your videos used in the player, to come from. When you have chosen your video source, hit Next
4. You will now need to create a name for your player and choose your player and playlist type. Hit Next
5. In this window you can customize exactly how the player looks and feels. (Please note depending on which player type you chose this window will look different). When you are finished here hit Next
6. The next screen is where you specify what your playlist in the player looks like. Change the settings to your needs and click Next
7. If you are on a Business Plan you can add advertising to your video here. You can choose from pre, mid and post roll adverts
8. Click Preview to see your Custom Player
9. A new tab will open that will show the Custom Player you have created. If you need to edit this Custom Player further repeat steps 3 – 8 until you are happy with your player
10. Click “Save and get code”
11. This window will give you the Embed Video Code. Copy and paste this code and embed it into your website. Any changes to your player through iDesktop.tv will dynamically change your player in the website
12. You will now find your Custom Player in the Custom Player Window (Step 1). From here you can edit your Custom Player, duplicate it, preview it or generate the embed code again
For a step by step guide on how to embed video into 3rd Party Platforms see our Embed Video into 3rd Party Guide.